Massaged kale salad
1/2 a head of kale (about 4 stalks)
1 tbsp good EVOO
salt, pepper, any other spices you want – I put garlic powder
Its really important you follow these instructions to make the BEST massaged kale salad
1. pull leaves off each kale stalk – I avoid the stalk because it is very thick and can be bitter
2. Wash kale thoroughly and rinse several times. Dry with paper towel or a salad spinner
3. Chop up kale into small sections
4. Add all other ingredients
5. Really get in there and MASSAGE with your hands. Don’t just toss – really break down the leaves and saturate the leaves with the olive oil. Its VERY important to use the olive oil – it helps break down the leaves. Leaving it out would not be the same.
6. After well mixed and massaged, refrigerate for 30 mins.