Spicy beef chili #2
1 onion, chopped
1 lb grass fed beef (or extra lean beef/turkey)
1 can of diced tomatoes + green chile
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 can of black beans (or more if you prefer)
1 zucchini, halved and diced
3 heaping tbsp of chili powder
1 tbsp of chipotle chili powder (this is hot so you might want less)
seasoned salt to taste
1. Brown ground beef at medium heat in a pot and once fully cooked, add chopped onion and allow for it to get transluscent.
2. Add 1 tbsp of cornstarch and mix thoroughly, this should still be on medium heat.
3. Add both cans of tomatoes and then 1 can of water. Also add black beans that have been rinsed and drained.
4. Add in diced zucchini and stir all components.
4. Add all spices in, and any others that you desire and allow to simmer on low for about 30 mins to allow flavors to meld. It is then ready to serve with anything else you should like. I top with avocado and cheese.